Every mother wants her child to eat healthy. But, children don't want to eat healthy green veggies. They want fast food and snacks from the stalls outside. Ask them for unhealthy burgers and pizzas - they will always be hungry to have them. But, for sabzi-roti at home, they are not interested. This is a concern for a majority of mothers these days. So, you need to be a smart mother and feed your children healthy food in a presentation they like. Here is one such recipe we bring to you that might help.
If your child is a potato lover and would love to snack on burgers, this is the perfect recipe for you. Along with potatoes, you can get some healthy spinach and green peas into their diet too with this 'Hara Bhara Kabab' recipe. Make it for their evening snack of meal, they will love it anyway!
Preparation time - 25 minutes
Cooking time - 15 minutes
Yields - 10 to 12 patties
- Potatoes - 300 grams
- Spinach - 120 grams
- Green peas - 1 cup
- Coriander leaves - 1/2 cup
- Green chillies - 2
- Besan - 3 tbsp
- Bread crumbs - 1/4 cup
- Ginger-garlic paste - 1.5 tsp
- Garam masala - 1/2 tsp
- Amchoor - 1/4 tsp
- Salt - to taste
- Oil - 3 tsp
Get all these ingredients delivered to your doorstep, at very cheap rate using the latest BigBasket discounts.
- Boil the potatoes and keep aside to cool. Also, in another pan, boil the spinach well to remove the raw smell, after washing it well. After cooked, transfer it to a bowl of cold water, and once cooled, drain the water.
- In a pan, fry ginger-garlic paste in 1.5 tsp oil. Add the green chillies and peas. Fry for around 5 minutes or until the peas are tender. Cook well till the peas are soft and the raw smell is gone. Add garam masala, amchoor and salt. Saute well and turn off the gas. Let it cool completely.
- Meanwhile, in a pan, fry besan until the raw smell is gone and transfer to a plate to cool. Also, mash the boiled potatoes now that they have cooled down.
- In a blender, grind the spinach, coriander leaves and green peas mixture until a smooth texture. Add this mixture and cooked besan to the mashed potatoes. Add bread crumbs and mix well until the dough is fairly stiff.
- Make small patties from the dough and shallow fry them on a tawa in 1 tbsp oil for each batch. You can also bake the patties if you don't want to fry.
How to serve
You can serve these hot and crispy patties with tomato ketchup or green chutney as an evening snack.
You can even place these patties with some ketchup or mayonnaise in a bun and prepare a delicious burger.
You can prepare a chaat by topping these patties with tamarind chutney, green chutney, onions, tomatoes and sev.
If you don't have the ingredients you require for this special recipe for kids, you can order them online with the help of Grofers coupons, available at DiscountMantra - India’s best online offers and coupons store. You can also subscribe to the newsletters to get the latest offers and coupons from various online stores delivered to your inbox.