Getting good sleep is essential for your health. You can get a good night’s sleep only if you get the comfortable bed, in terms of size and feel. So, it is very important to choose a mattress that harmonizes with your body's physical needs and sleeping patterns. We bring to you a mattress buying guide to help you choose the best mattress that suits your body, from a wide list of mattresses that you may find at stores.
Do some research
Learn about different mattress options. Check for what types and sizes of mattresses are available. Check for the comfort levels that different mattresses of different brands provide. Consider your sleeping patterns, whether you are a side, back or stomach sleeper. Different mattresses are designed differently to accommodate specific sleeping positions. Check online for different mattresses and make a list of the mattresses you find appropriate. When you go to a store, you can ask them for those particular mattress types only to save your time.
Set your budget
Prepare a budget before you go shopping. Knowing how much you are willing to spend will automatically eliminate quite a few mattresses to ease down your work. Apart from mattresses, stores provide lots of extra accessories like mattress covers, pillow tops, bed frames and other items that you won’t need. Find out if these accessories are worth buying and eliminate them if you find them unnecessary.
Test different mattresses
Go to mattress stores and test mattresses with different levels of thickness and firmness. Lie down on the mattress for about a minute to help you decide better.
TYPES OF MATTERESSES
Mattresses are designed to provide comfort for you to relax. Your sleep quality improves if your bed relieves pressure on your joints and other areas of the body. Mattresses are made with a variety of materials that provide different levels of comfort.
They use foam like polyurethane foam, memory foam and latex foam combined with gel.
- Memory foam mattresses use high density polyurethane foam, which contours closely to the shape of the sleeper. It molds to the shape of your body while you sleep, and applies even pressure to all points of your body. They get warmer overnight.
- Latex mattresses use latex foam, which contours to the body’s natural contours and applies pressure on particularly the shoulders and the hips. They get rid of excess heat and moisture. They come with great durability.
They are made from natural fibers extracted from the husk of coconuts and thus, are harder. They do not contour to the body shape and hence, do not apply the required pressure on the body. They compress over the course of time and do not regain back the original shape, which leads to sagging.
They provide you with a lot of comfort initially but, they do not offer sufficient pressure point relief. They push back against your body with force. This results in poor blood circulation, body ache and joint pain. These mattresses lose 16% of their support in the first year itself.
They provide firm support, distributing the body weight to lessen the stress on the spine, relieve painful pressure points, and help to maintain proper posture. They are available in different foam varieties to suit different bodies.
It is important to know what size of mattress you need in order to get good comfortable sleep.
- Single - If you are the only one to sleep on the bed, single mattress is the best choice. It comes in two sizes: Single 36 x 74 inches and Single XL 36 x 80 inches.
- Double - This is a full size mattress with a dimension of 54 x 74 inches. This makes it around 18 inches wider than a single sized mattress.
- Queen - This mattress is a little wider and longer than a double sized mattress. It has a dimension of 60 x 80 inches. This mattress size is appropriate for guest rooms and smaller master bedrooms.
- King - This mattress comes in three different dimensions: King Single 42 x 80 inches, King Regular 66 x 80 inches and Super King 72 x 80 inches. This is the best choice for those who want maximum personal sleeping space. The only drawback is that it may be too big and bulky to navigate through some corridors, doors and stairwells.
Comfort is the most important when it comes to sleep. Mattresses range from soft to medium to hard varieties. It is for you to decide which mattress will suit your body type.
- Dual - The Dual Comfort mattress comes with two-sided dual-firm technology. It's like getting two mattresses in one, when you flip it over! It has the most durable inner-spring, which allows for easy bending and firm back support.
- Firm - Firm mattresses are the hardest feel mattresses. It is the best choice if you like a solid feel rather than a soft one. It is great if you sleep on your stomach or back. It will give you great support all night long.
- Medium - A medium comfort mattress is suitable for all kinds of sleeping positions and for those who mainly sleep on their side. It offers a gentle and comfortable support system to the body.
- Soft - Soft mattresses support and contour to the body’s natural shape and is great for those who prefer to sleep on their sides.
Snapdeal is offering a wide range of mattresses for you in a variety of brands with top names in the market like Nilkamal, Kurlon, Springwel, Bombay Dyeing, Godrej and many more. Taking help from the above mentioned guide, decide on which is the best suitable mattress for you and shop online at discounted rates with Snapdeal coupons that will help you save while you buy! You can get all the latest Snapdeal offers and deals on DiscountMantra – India’s best online offers and coupons store. You can also subscribe to their newsletters to get the latest offers and coupons from various online stores delivered to your inbox.